Saturday, February 5, 2011

Salsa, the tail of an evolving masterpiece

So for the longest time ive been developing my salsa recipe. The Salsa has gone from the most simple form of a pico de gallo, to the addition of Avacodo, mango, and even strawberries. The Salsa has always been in raw uncooked form, so for a change and simply because it was on my mind I decided to try a cooked salsa.
 And so I started with Roma tomatoes,white onions, Cilantro,Limes, Jalepenos, olive oil, Garlick, chilli powder,and tapatillo hot sauce. 
 I roughly chopped all the ingredients minus the jalepeno, and put them in the food processor. I then put the jalepeno in the broiler to roast it and add another depth of flavor.When the jalepeno was done I chopped it up and added it to the rest of the ingredients. 
 I then mixed everything up and poured it into a sauce pan and let it simmer for about 25 minutes. It turned out awsome and i cant wait to improve on it next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. My gosh, the things I'm learning about you Ian. Mucho impressed.
    I forgot to comment on Marie's card she made from her grandma's bias tape. LOVE. Really, really cute.

    ReplyDelete