Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grandma's bias tape

This started as an immediate need to do something tactile and crafty.So I went to the mounds of fabrics and miss-matched items I have collected over the years. I found some thank you cards left over from our wedding and sitting next to it some bias tape. When my Grandma Cook passed a couple years back, I inherited some great sewing gems – one being a small salvaged cardboard bolt of light pink bias tape and that in its self is precious. (I loved how resourceful my Grandmother always was). So... it seemed fitting that I combine the Thank You card and bias tape to make a Thank You card for the amazing man (temple president Ed J. Pinegar) that sealed Ian and I in the Manti temple with the bias tape from my Grandmother Cook who devoted many years of service in the Manti temple. It just made sense to me. I love when things have some meaning even if I am the only one who gets it. :) So I combined the two and fulfilled the need to do something creative and felt a sense of sweet nostalgia as thoughts of  my grandmother completed the card that seemed to have come full circle to me.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea and extremely sweet and sentimental! Just like our Marie!!

    ReplyDelete